The Southland Art Society is seeking a fixed-term Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator (Intern).
Duties and Responsibilities – Coordinator (fixed-term)
The Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the ILT Art Awards 2018. The Coordinator will, alongside the Assistant Coordinator, ensure the smooth running of the awards/exhibition. The successful candidate will have experience coordinating and installing/de-installing exhibitions. A background in event management and evaluation is also highly desirable.
· Reports to: Southland Art Society Inc
· Manage the coordination of the ILT Art Awards 2018
· Manage the Assistant Coordinator (Intern)
· Receive and process all entry forms for the selection process
· Respond to entrants queries as appropriate
· Organise exhibition furniture and equipment as required
· Liaise with media to maximise opportunities for publicity
· Design and create consistent promotional material including posters, invitations catalogues and opening night programme
· Coordinate selection process and judging
· Liaise with sponsor regarding awards night
· Receive and condition report all entries
· Curate and install exhibition
· Create process and associated documentation for the management of artwork sales
· Organise the opening night including catering and award presentation
· De-install, condition report and coordinated return of all artworks
· Restore gallery space e.g. walls to be repaired and painted
· Manage process for thanking entrants, sponsors/funders
· Manage security of venue
· Design and action evaluative process and produce comprehensive report
· Staff exhibition as required
For enquiries or further information contact Kathryn McCully at DIYMUSEUM@kathrynmccully.com. Please forward your cover letters and CVs by Wednesday 27th June 5pm.